Cookie Dough: Also known as a scrumptious blend of magical ingredients that have been combined into a malleable form, which people enjoy more than actual cookies.
I definitely made that up but how accurate is it?! Sooo, I have been making this fabulous cookie dough for a long time now but never really took the time to take pics because it’s all gone after about 10 minutes. My brother who is a total carnivore I may add loves this stuff because it’s pack with fiber and protein. In fact, he asked me if he could pack the leftover cookie dough in his lunch this morning. I’d say this recipe is a success. If you’re health conscientious like my brother, you’re in luck. The cookie dough is made from sweet potato and chickpeas. Yes, you read that correctly. Okay, and melted chocolate and dates but still, it’s HEALTHY! Chickpeas are legumes and are the stars of the show in hummus. Now, they’re the stars of my cookie dough show. Grab the chocolate and the chickpeas and mix away.
Don’t ya just want to take a big spoon and dive right in?! My cookie dough recipe also tastes amazing on toast. Dream breakfast right there-toast and cookie dough, two of my favorite things.
- 1 small sweet potato baked or cooked in microwave
- 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 50 grams dark chocolate of choice melted with 2 tbsp almond milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 5 dates (I used Medjool)
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup almonds
- More dark chocolate to fold in if wanted
- In a food processor, combine everything but the 1 cup of almonds and extra chocolate. Process the dough until a thick and smooth consistency forms. Then, fold in the almonds and more chocolate if wanted.
Hello my friends! I have a super tasty and incredibly easy recipe for you to try today. I know it’s not November but this Ohio weather sure is making me feel like it is (think 50 degrees). Despite it being spring, anything pumpkin flavored will always have a special place in my heart and I enjoy it all year round. All you need for these simple yet scrumptious bites are dates, oat flour (I suggest Bob’s Red Mill), pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and pecans. How easy does that sound? I love creating recipes that everyone can enjoy no matter how skilled they are in the kitchen. So, lets grab our ingredients and bring fall back!
Do these Pumpkin Pecan Bites look good or what!? They look like some orangey, sweet, bit-sized, cakey goodness to me.
If you’re not a fan of pecans, just leave them out! The Bites will still taste yummy.
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Put everything but the pecans into a food processor.
- Process until the dough sticks together.
- Add the dough to a bowl and fold in the pecans.
- Form into bite-sized balls.