Are you ready for the most plant-filled, flavor bursting, creamy, “cheesy” lasagna you have ever laid eyes on? Well, get ready guys, because it’s here- right in front of you. The BEST zucchini lasagna I have ever tasted (not to toot my own horn or anything lol oops). But honestly, this vegan and plant-based lasagna is where it’s at! In fact, I nominate vegan lasagna for president! As I sit in the law library writing this post, my stomach growls and yearns for one last taste avocado walnut “cheese.” Ok, that was totally dramatic but really, it disappeared way too quickly (thanks mom and dad). Well, it looks like I’ll have to make another batch this week. Also, in case you were wondering, yes, the best part about this lasagna is the avocado walnut “cheese.”
Eeeeeek, the LAYERS! Don’t those veggies look phenomal?! No lasagna noodles necessary, plants are all you need <3
- 16 oz mushrooms (cut into small pieces)
- 2 large heads of Red Swiss Chard (chopped)
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for sautéing mushrooms and swiss chard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 medium zucchinis sliced into thin pieces
- 1 can of marina sauce of choice (1 lb 9.5 oz)
- Avocado Walnut Cheese
- 2.5 medium avocados
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- More nutritional yeast for topping
- Saute the mushrooms and swiss chard in olive oil on medium heat for ten minutes.
- Combine the avocado and walnut "cheese" ingredients in a nutribullet until a smooth consistency forms.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees
- Put a layer of marina sauce at the bottom of baking pan. The next layer is sliced zucchini followed by the avocado walnut "cheese" (I applied spoonfuls rather than spreading it out), then swiss chard/mushroom mix. Repeat until the top of the baking pan is reached. End with a layer of zucchini topped with marinara sauce/more nutritional yeast if you'd like.
- Cover the Lasagna with foil and bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Then, remove foil and bake lasagna for another 20 minutes uncovered.
I’m in love I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it (with my pumpkin spice quinoa bars). These gems represent healthy vegan bars at their finest! But really, what’s better than a seasonal homemade bar made with REAL ingredients?! They sure do...read more
Welcome to my Meatless Monday pasta partaaaay, so nice of you to join! It’s a new week, which means you can hit the reset button if you’ve gone off track with your diet and need to start over! No worries, I’ve got you covered. My Vegan Pasta With...read more
Happy #Meatless Monday, my keen believers in the power of plant based pizza! It’s just pizza party central over here @ upbeetandkaleingit.com lately! But that’s fine with me because vegan pizza gives me life. You may want to also check out my previous...read more
Hey hey hey my plant loving, salad devouring friends! I’d like to share a super nutritious salad recipe with you on this wonderful hashgtag MeatlessMonday. My Easy Hearty Vegan Salad is perfect for cooler weather and as you can see from my last few posts,...read more
Happy FriYAY! Thank. Goodness. Did anyone else feel like this week was never going to end? Well, the weekend is finally here, so enjoy yourselves, relax, and make some good planty dishes. Today, I wanted to show you another version of “What I Eat in a Day: Plant...read more
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! There’ll be parties for hosting and pumpkins for roasting and stuffing your face with anything that has the ingredient pumpkin in it. Okaaay, so it’s still not September 22nd but whatevs. I’m...read more
What’s my secret to a happy and fulfilling life? Pasta. No joke, we all need a little bit of pasta in our lives and in this case, the pasta is healthy, so we need a lot of pasta! I try my best to make planty dishes that even the “worst” of cooks can...read more
Hiiiii my apple crisp loving friends! Yay it’s finally September 🙂 I don’t care if it’s technically still summer, September means all things fall to me. Pumpkins, cinnamon, butternut squash, cranberries, maple syrup, and pecans will all be making...read more