Vegan Cashew Butter Pecan Cookies
Vegan Quinoa Pizza Crust With Cheeze Spread
Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
The Healthiest Vegan Pasta Salad
Vegan Cherry Lime Cheesecake
Are you ready for this? Easy Vegan Bolognese is by far the yummiest pasta dish I’ve ever made and it’s super simple in the best of ways. Who needs meat when you can make a filling and delectable sauce that emulates the texture and flavors of the original dish. Lentils and mushrooms have been two of my favorite foods since going vegan quite some time ago. Using mushrooms and lentils together creates a wonderful “meaty” texture and pairs perfectly with a basic tomato sauce. Everyone will adore Easy Vegan Bolognese! You can choose whatever kind of pasta you like but I think yellow lentil spaghetti and chickpea pasta are healthier options that taste amazing.
This is what the lentils and mushrooms mix should look like right before you add the canned tomato sauce. Yummmm.
- 2 cups cooked large green lentils
- 6 oz large portobello mushroom caps cut into small pieces
- Minced garlic (1 large clove)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce (I used Kirkland organic)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil if wanted
- I used 8.8 oz yellow lentil pasta
- Boil lentils in water until tender (follow package directions).
- Sauté the cooked lentils, mushrooms, garlic and seasoning in 4 tbsp olive oil on medium heat for 4-5 minutes (stir often).
- Lower heat to medium-low and add the tomato sauce.
- Cook the bolognese sauce for another 7-8 minutes until the sauce is thick (stir fairly often).
- Boil noodles according to package directions, top with bolognese sauce and fresh basil.
- Serves 3-4. If you want large portions then 3!