Hello hello helloooo! It’s time for my four favorite things in the whole wide world to come together as one. I’m talkin avo, cashews, beans, and bread. But wait, this is even better than just plain ole avocado toast (gasp, the impossible happened). Yep, it’s not the ordinary avocado toast you see on my Instagram like once every other day, this is an Avocado & Bean Open-Faced Sandwich bursting with all kinds of magical flavors. You don’t need to be a vegan to enjoy my sandwich. You just need to be a human that loves good clean food. And avocados. You have to love avocados, but who doesn’t??
I tasted fresh oregano for the first time the other week and I think that it’s an amazing herb. It’s refreshing and mild in flavor, thus, perfect for an avocado spread. Roasted cashews add the perfect crunch amongst a sea of creamy goodness.
I used Ezekiel bread for my open-faced sandwiches but use whatever type of bread you’d like! Enjoy this fabulous and easy recipe for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. My Avocado & Bean Open-Faced Sandwiches are satisfying, wholesome, easy, and beyond scrumptious.
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can rinsed and drained cannelleni beans
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the avocado with a fork and then mix in the juice of one small lime.
- Then, lightly mash in the cannelleni beans.
- Next, add the onions, olive oil, and spices.
- Combine the ingredients until a creamy mixture forms.
- Fold in the cashews.
- Add the mixture on top of bread and enjoy!