At least it’s not Monday.
But even if it was, these cherry bars can brighten up any day. Chocolate and cherries are the BEST combo. They’re healthy and are made with chickpeas and oat flour! I love fresh cherries but I wasn’t too sure if they would work well in these bars, so I opted to use dry organic cherries just in case. Dried fruits are always a safe bet. Just check the label to make sure that there isn’t added sugar.
There is a perfect balance of tart and sweet in my cherry blondies drizzled with chocolate. I don’t like to add a lot of sugar to my baked goods since I try to stay away from refined sugar but if you’re going to make something like this, then a little bit is necessary.
You will absolutely love these for a midday snack or even as a bar for breakfast. If you are not a fan of cherries, other dried fruits would definitely work!
Enjoy these 🙂 they’re delicious!
Check out that drizzle! A delicious alternative to drizzled dairy free dark chocolate would be some almond or peanut butter. All are tasty options and you can’t go wrong.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate links! Help support upbeetandkaleingit when you purchase through my blog! Thank you!
- 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 2-3 tbsp pure cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Chocolate Sauce
- 2-3 tbsp dairy free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp almond milk or soy free earth balance
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put the rinsed and drained chickpeas into a nutribullet or blender and puree them.
- Add to the dry ingredients and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and fully combine with a fork.
- Fold in the cherries.
- Lay out on parchment paper or non-stick baking pan.
- Bake for 20 min at 375.
- For chocolate, put in a mug and warm up in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir with a fork and drizzle.