Chickpea Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Brownies, try saying that five times in a row. It’s no easy task. Anywho, hellooooo my fabulous friends. Let’s make today National Vegan Chickpea Chocolate Chip & Pumpkin Brownie Day, ok? I mean, a National Raisin Bran Day does exist, so we actually stand a chance! All jokes aside, you’re going to want to give this decadent, fudgey, sweet, seasonal, and slightly crumbly brownie its own holiday because it’s just that good. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and some of us can’t eat a majority of the Thanksgiving food. Well, at least as far as dessert goes, these brownies are the answer to our vegan, organic, non GMO prayers. Ha! I’m being serious, you could totally take this to Thanksgiving lunch/dinner and have a crowd pleaser despite being up against pumpkin pie & and rich double chocolate cake. I kept things healthy around here, the main ingredient: fiber-packed chickpeas, which are also a great source of plant-based protein.
What’s better than a tower of gooey and chocolately brownies? Ummmm, maybe guac and chips but it’s still a really close call.
- 1 can rinsed and drained chickpeas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tbsp almond butter (I used Barney Butter Raw+Chia it has only 1g added sugar)
- 5 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini dairy free chocolate chips
- Add everything but chocolate chips to a food processor until the batter is a smooth consistency.
- Transfer batter to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat ove to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper (I used an 11 x 7 x 1.5 in baking pan).
- Evenly spread out dough.
- Bake brownies at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let brownies cool for at least 30 min and enjoy!
- Yields 8 Brownies
- Store in fridge!