Ciao my bellas! What do you do with vegan chocolate cookies and sorbetto (sorbet) ? You combine them into a cookie sandwich and eat them together, of course! So, let us discuss these cookies. Oh wow, where do I start? Well, the main ingredients are black beans and oat flour, so we’re talking guilt free cookies here. I added chocolate chips because chocolate chips give me life and almost everyone loves them. Also, the choc chips add that little bit of extra sweetness that the cookies need since they are not overwhelmingly sweet. Amazing. And they’re sooo chewy!! Ah, the best part is the texture. Ok ok, now we can discuss the star of the show- SORBETTO. Oh how I love thee sorbetto. What a sublime treat to finish off dinner. Then again, a dessert like this makes you want to skip dinner altogether. I used Ciao Bella Gelato + Sorbetto to pair with my chocolate cookies. Their brand is amazing and their gelato+ sorbetto is based upon an authentic Italian recipe.
Thank you for sponsoring this post Ciao Bella Gelato + Sorbetto.
- 4 pitted dates
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup oat flour + 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (I used brand with 7 grams of sugar)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp organic coconut palm sugar
- 1/3 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Ciao Bella Gelato + Sorbetto
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pulse everything but the chocolate chips in a food processor until the dough is fully mixed together
- Fold in the chocolate chips and form dough into cookies
- Lightly grease parchment paper ( I used Nutiva organic buttery coconut oil )
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes
- Let cookies cool and then form into chocolate cookie sorbetto sandwiches
- Yields 6-7 cookies. Depending on size bake 12-14 minutes. I pulled my cookies out at 13 minutes.