Dark chocolate and sweet potato???
Yesssss! They work together all too well. If you can combine veggies with chocolate, then you can 100% count me in. These brownie bites are the perfect little taste of dark chocolatey goodness. You know, just the perfect bite sized treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings without going overboard. A couple of these little guys after dinner sounds like the perfect dessert to me.
I am actually on Day 1 of my first 3 day juice cleanse and let me tell you, I have to get these babies out of the house ASAP! They’re all going to my boyfriend’s house. I may have had a few last night but today is another sad story.
Preparing quick little treats such as these brownie bites within a matter of 10 minutes saves so much time and also keeps me from digging into other not so nice little treats. We all have those days.
I used cacao powder and also added some melted dark chocolate chips for a greater depth of chocolate flavor. I added 2 tbsp of sugar because caution: if you don’t, things could be looking a wee bit bitter. No worries though, a little sweetener of some sorts will do the trick! Agave would be great too.
Enjoy these brownie bites lovelies!
This post contains amazon affiliate links. Please help support upbeetandkaleingit when you purchase through my blog. Thank you!
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 small sweet potato
- 3 heaping tbsp melted dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp soy free earth balance
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/3 cup dairy free dark chocolate chips
- Cook the sweet potato in the microwave until it's completely tender.
- Warm up the 3 tbsp chocolate chips and 3 tbsp earth balance in the microwave for 30-40 seconds or until completely melted.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and then add the wet. Mash the sweet potato with a fork and combine brownie mix until everything comes together. You could also use a food processor.
- Fold in the 1/3 cup chocolate chips.
- Form brownie mix into small bites and let them harden in the refrigerator for 1 hr before serving.