Hey hey hey my plant loving, salad devouring friends! I’d like to share a super nutritious salad recipe with you on this wonderful hashgtag MeatlessMonday. My Easy Hearty Vegan Salad is perfect for cooler weather and as you can see from my last few posts, I’m all about fall inspired dishes lately (stay tuned for pumpkin apple mug cake Friday). But back to this flawless salad that will win over your heart and of course your stomach. This recipe is power-packed with veggies and my main grain, quinoa. If I’m going to eat a salad it has to be tasty but also have substance because let’s face it, salads are not known to be very um, filling. But this salad, ah yes this one will absolutely satisfy you and leave your tummy feeling ever so full. The key component to any great salad is of course a good dressing. I used organic girl pomegranate balsamic dressing and let me tell ya, what a treat! It’s light and slightly tangy with a little hint of sweetness from dates aka real food. I love that this dressing uses ingredients I can both pronounce and have heard of. And best of all, it’s organic, which is so so important! Alright my friends, do yourself a favor and go make this deliciously hearty, fresh, sweet, savory, crisp, and all-around superb salad!
Look at those colors! Such a great way to “eat the rainbow.” And nooo, I don’t mean skittles, I mean a colorful variety of all the fruits and veggies. Avocados and roasted beets are simply the best and such a tasty addition to this salad.
This post is sponsored by organic girl. Thank you for supporting upbeetandkaleingit!
- 3 beets peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for coating the beets
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 organic pears (chopped)
- 8 oz organic baby spring mix
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa (I used a sprouted grain trio)
- 1 avocado
- 1 bottle (8 fl oz) organic girl pomegranate balsamic dressing
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the beets in extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake beets at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let the beets and quinoa cool down completely.
- Then, add salad ingredients to a large bowl, mix together, and enjoy!