Goooood afternoon beautiful brussels sprouts! I haven’t been on here in awhile because school is actually taking over my life but ya girl is eager to graduate. Thank goodness for cooking, the gym, great friends and family to help me de-stress! Speaking of cooking, today’s recipe is a product of randomly combining all of my favorites and praying for a great outcome. I must say, the brussels sprouts gods answered my prayers because they are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Warning: you will end up eating them like popcorn and not be able to stop.
Tahini is my one true love even though I’ve said that before about avocados, peanut butter, kombucha, & pasta. I clearly have a lot of love in my heart. By the way, tahini is the world’s best condiment made from sesame seeds-sounds different right? Tahini definitely has an interesting taste and it’s absolutely wonderful in this sauce. My other favorite uses for tahini: topping for smoothie bowls, in pasta sauces, on avocado toast, and lastly, drizzled on bananas!!
- 1.5 pounds of brussels sprouts (trim off bottom and cut in half )
- 1/3 cup tahini (make sure its runny in texture)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1.5 tbsp organic stone ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pepper if wanted
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim off the end of brussels sprouts and cut them in half.
- Whisk the ingredients for the sauce together with a fork until fully combined.
- Place brussels sprouts on a baking tray and fully coat them with sauce (I used my hands to toss them together).
- Then, transfer brussels sprouts to a different baking tray for cooking (less messy this way).
- Roast brussels sprouts for 25 minutes at 400 degrees.