HAPPY 2017 EVERYONE! Wow, 2016 went by fast and I really hope that 2017 is a better year in terms of peace, love, and unity. “I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy” (Mean Girls reference). There is one thing that continues to bring people together in the best of ways, which is food. We all enjoy it and we all need it. So I may have not baked a caked with rainbows and smiles but My Easy Vegan Bread Pudding will undoubtedly bring everyone together to the kitchen table. Serve this pudding as a fabulous dessert after dinner or for a yummy breakfast. Warning: pleasant smells of warm cinnamon and cream will wake everyone up.
In 2017, I want to eat more avocados than ever and start making my own kombucha. Reach for the stars Mar. #goals
I’m so happy bread pudding is my first recipe of 2017 because it’s truly a beautiful dish that will warm your soul.
- 6 cups of bread slices cut into medium cubes packed down (I used brown rice gluten free sliced bread)
- 5 pitted dates
- 2 cups toasted coconut milk (I used Califia Farms brand)
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (I used Simple Truth Organic brand found at Kroger)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup Tofutti
- 4 pitted dates
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Cut the sliced bread into medium sized cubes and place into baking pan.
- Combine the 5 dates, coconut milks, and cinnamon in a nutribullet or blender.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the bread and make sure the bread is fully coated.
- Cover the baking the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake bread pudding uncovered for 25 minutes.
- In the nutribullet or blender, mix the frosting ingredients until fully combined.
- Place a dollop of frosting on each piece of serving.
- Top with pecans if wanted.
- I used a 13 x 9 baking pan
- *Pecans for topping if wanted