TGIT friends!! It’s the new TGIF, or so I heard from the grapevine. I’m just thrilled that it’s almost the weekend and also, spring break time. A week of relaxation is so desperately needed and I can’t wait. I have a lot of cooking and baking plans over break, including making another batch of these fabulous Easy Vegan Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Oh man, do they look fantastic or what?! The cookies are thick, chewy, and have the perfect amount of sweetness from dates.
Fact: life is better with chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. It just is. My new favorite quote comes from Cookie Monster and they’re the realest words ever spoken: “today me will live in the moment unless it’s unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cooke.” Yes Cookie Monster, important words to live by!
- 8 pitted dates
- 1.5 cups organic sprouted spelt flour
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the 8 pitted dates, 1.5 cups organic sprouted spelt flour, and 1 cup unsweetened vanilla coconut milk in a nutribullet or blender until very smooth consistency forms.
- Then, transfer to a bowl and whisk in the baking powder.
- Next, fold in the oats and then chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with lightly greased parchment paper.
- Use an ice cream scoop to evenly distribute cookie batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Recipe yields 8 cookies.
- Ice cream scoop size is almost equivalent to 1/3 cup (fills slightly less)
- *Cookies are supposed to be thick