I’m sitting in my big comfy red chair currently devouring two Healthy Zucchini and Banana Nut Breakfast Cookies…needless to say, I am content. I thought long and hard about my next blog recipe and I realized that I don’t have a lot of cookie recipes (shocking). Healthy and sweet cookies for breakfast sure do beat regular ole cereal, especially when they’re made with wholesome ingredients such as bananas, zucchini, and walnuts. These round chewy bites of deliciousness will be sure to brighten your morning!
A little bit of almond butter or peanut butter on a cookie always sounds like a good idea, would you agree?
Enjoy these nourishing cookies and quality time with family and friends. Happy Holidays to all of you!!
- 3 ripe medium sized bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup 7 Grain Hot Cereal (I used Bob's Red Mill brand)
- 1 tbsp organic coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Mash the bananas and zucchini together before adding the other ingredients. Combine and fold in walnuts.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Form medium sized cookies and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.