Since the weekend is almost here, it’s only right that I post the best snack bite recipe that ever existed. Ladies and gents, I present to you: Lemon Blueberry Healthy Fat Bites made with FRESH bluebz. That’s right my friends, it’s all about real and fresh food, and that’s what upbeetandkaleingit stands for. I refuse to count calories! I’m just making wholesome food with clean ingredients, and Lemon Blueberry Healthy Fat Bites are a perfectly nutritious snack. The coconut chips, coconut oil, and nuts are a healthy fat dream. I’ve been eating more healthy fat lately and I’m loving the results! These beautiful bites are a perfect combination of deliciousness and simplicity. Did I mention they taste amazing? Think about a decadent slice of lemon blueberry cake. Well these bites taste just like lemon blueberry cake, except they’re in a cute little snack ball form, even better!
Hungry? Hangry? Need something sweet? Want something with healthy fat to keep you full? LEMON BLUEBERRY HEALTHY FAT SNACK BITES ARE CALLING YOUR NAME. Sorry for the caps, I just get really excited about these.
- 1 cup oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coconut chips (I used Simple Truth Brand)
- 7 medium-large pitted dates (organic medjool)
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp coconut oil (make sure room temp and I used refined)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- Process everything but the blueberries in a food processor until everything is combined and a dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a bowl and gently fold in blueberries with your hands-be careful not to break them and make sure blueberries are dry.
- Form the dough into medium size snack balls.
- Stick the snack bites in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before serving and store them in the fridge.