I’m baaaaack! Did you miss me? Well, I sure did miss blogging and making some fantastic recipes for you guys. Unfortunately, finals completely took over my life. I mean, I lived in the library. It now feels like my home away from home minus the endless shelves of tax law books. Anyways, forget about the books, this post is all about deliciously simple food. So, Hilary’s makes this veggie burger and it’s called the World’s Best Veggie Burger, and it lives up to its name. I don’t know about you, but I like being able to pronounce the ingredients of what I eat. That seems like a reasonable request, right? Well, guess what? I can easily pronounce the ingredients in a Hilary’s Veggie Burger. I thought about all of the ways I could use this fantabulous veg burger in a recipe and I realized that I wanted to eat it without a bun and make it low carb. Wrapping burgers with lettuce is a trend, so I’m jumping on the bandwagon. What makes a burger still taste awesome if you replace a bun with lettuce? MEDITERRANEAN GUACAMOLE. This is not any ordinary guac, but rather, it’s quite extraordinary. Think guac with salty Greek olives, sun-dried tomatoes and red onions bursting with flavor. It doesn’t even need salt! You will love this super easy way to dress up a Hilary’s veggie burger. So, grab the avocados and mash away!
Who needs a bun!? I could get used to this whole lettuce thing.
This post is sponsored by Hilary’s.
- 4 Hilary's World's Best Veggie Burgers
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tbsp canned and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp pitted and chopped Greek Black Olives
- 2 tbsp Red Onions
- 4 large leaves of iceberg or butter lettuce
- Cook the veggie burgers according to package.
- In a bowl, mash the avocado and add the red onions, sun-dried tomatoes, and Greek olives.
- Top the lettuce wrapped burgers with guac and enjoy!