Happiest of Fridays my dearest friends! I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I spent my holiday in Detroit and it was great. I actually got really hungry mid-roadtrip, so we stopped at a random organic market and I bought quinoa veggie sushi, which was all documented on my Instragram story, naturally. My mom and dad are the best and super accommodating when it comes to my vegan diet, which is very much appreciated. It can be HARD being a vegan in a meat-eater’s world, especially on Thanksgiving, yikes! But whenever we go on vacation, my mom googles vegan/vegetarian restaurants to dine at-so nice :). Speaking of vegan food, we should talk about this nutrient dense vegan dish that’s packed with millet, veggies, and spicy peanut sauce, oh my! Spicy sesame oil is a mild-spicy sauce lover’s dream and let me tell ya, it’s hard not to fall deeply in love with my Spicy Peanut Sauce (probably end up dousing any sort of rice or pasta in it). Millet & Veggies With Spicy Peanut Sauce is budget-friendly and makes healthy eating fun, it’s definitely a dish you’ll have on repeat!
You can eat this as a main course or as a yummy side dish! May I suggest pairing it with some crispy tofu if you’re going to use it as the latter? SO GOOD.
- 2 cups of cooked millet (follow cooking directions according to package)
- 1 lb of brussels sprouts (trim off the hard part at the very bottom and quarter them into small pieces for faster cooking time)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (trim off end of stalk and then cut into smaller pieces)
- For cooking veggies
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup +2 tbsp spicy sesame oil (I use Chosen Foods brand)
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 3 tbsp peanut butter (I used a creamy brand with 3g sugar in it per serving)
- 1/4 tsp jarred minced garlic
- Whisk the sauce ingredients in a bowl with a fork until a creamy texture forms.
- Saute the veggies in the olive oil and vegetable stock for 8 minutes on medium heat.
- While the veggies are still warm, add the millet and sauce and mix it all together.
- This recipe will serve 6 people if it's used as a side dish.