Friday and cupcakes?!?! I can’t contain my excitement. The weekend+ tasty vegan treats = pure bliss. Earlier this week, my man and I were craving something sweet after dinner but we didn’t want to buy anything premade because many times, store-bought desserts are loaded with yucky ingredients. I just happened to have dates and carrots in my fridge, and coconut flour in my pantry, so voila! Easter is this weekend and No Bake Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes are PERFECT for dessert. These gems are sweet, beyond delicious, easy to make and you can pronounce every ingredient :).
Let’s talk about the beloved frosting. I wish I could fully express my fondness for the “cream cheese” frosting. Between the soaked cashews, dates, and vanilla almond yogurt, you’ll be putting a dollop of this stuff on everything from donuts to oatmeal.
- Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 cup pitted dates ( I used Pitted Deglet Noor Dates)
- 1 cup finely grated carrots (packed down)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (I used Earth Balance Natural Peanut Butter and Flaxseed Crunchy)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Cupcake Frosting Ingredients
- 1/2 soaked raw cashews (soak overnight)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (I used Amande Plain)
- 5 dates (Pitted Deglet Noor Dates)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Process the carrot cupcake ingredients in a food processor until everything is well-combined (refer to pictures for what texture should look like).
- Fill baking cups with cupcake filling and the "dough" should yield 8 small cupcakes.
- Place the cupcakes in the fridge and let them set overnight.
- In the morning, combine cupcake frosting ingredients in a nutribullet and process until a cream and smooth consistency forms.
- Top the cupcakes with the frosting, pop them in the fridge for about 30 minutes and then enjoy!