I’m in love I’m in love and I don’t care who knows it (with my pumpkin spice quinoa bars). These gems represent healthy vegan bars at their finest! But really, what’s better than a seasonal homemade bar made with REAL ingredients?! They sure do beat store bought ones by a landslide, like what the heck is Isomalto-oligosaccharide syrup? There’s none of that in my delicious and nourishing Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Bars, just pure foods. As you can see, I topped my bars with melted chocolate but you could try drizzling them with some peanut butter if you’re not a chocolate fan. Peanut butter and pumpkin mix together beautifully.
Pumpkin perfection! You should store these guys in the fridge. However, you may end up eating them all in one day, it happens.
Enjoy my friends and tag me with your recreations, I love to see them!
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp oat flour ( I made my own in Nutribullet)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup peanut butter ( I used a natural kind with a slightly runny consistency)
- 4 tbsp coconut nectar (amber)
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I used organic spouted quinoa trio)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Avocado oil spray
- Melted chocolate and more pumpkin seeds for topping if wanted
- Add the oat flour, pumpkin puree, peanut butter, coconut nectar, and spices to a bowl. Mix together with a fork.
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Let the quinoa cool. Then mix in the quinoa and roasted pumpkin seeds with the dough.
- Spray a light coat of avocado oil on parchment paper and line a baking pan with it.
- Evenly spread out the dough and put in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take out the bars and add melted chocolate and more pumpkin seeds to the top if wanted.
- Put in freezer for a couple of hours so the bars can harden and then take out. You may have to let the bars slightly thaw before serving.
- Cut the bars into size of choice and enjoy!
- Store the bars in fridge.