I am currently devouring the salad I speak of as I type this. It is bursting with flavor and I am content. I am also thrilled to be taking a break from outlining (how law students prepare for finals EWWW SOS) and sharing this delicious recipe with all of you :). My daily schedule has become more and more routine as my finals approach. Wake up 7:30-8:00 am. Breakfast, study or class, eat, cry (jk), study, eat, sleep. More and more I find myself relying on my beloved oatmeal for moral support and to carry me through the morning. Once lunch rolls around I asked myself “what is filling and easy to pack away?” A SALAD WITHOUT LETTUCE because lets face it, lettuce sucks. One thing I did not add in that I regret is some type of nut. May I suggest walnuts?
Ah, now on to this beaut. Avocado, dried cranberries, tempeh, three grain quinoa, garbanzo beans, and a dijon mustard vinagrette? YES PLEASE.
I think it’s fair to call this a fall salad? It has dried cranberries and dried cranberries usually pop in somewhere on the Thanksgiving spread. Butttttttt, if you don’t like dried cranberries, I think that poppin’ in some dates and walnuts would be more than a sub par alternative.
Share this with your loved ones or keep it all for yourself! It is the PERFECT lunch to pack up for work and school. I eat it either chilled or at room temperature. Enjoy friends!!! xxxx Mary
- 1 cup of Three Grain Quinoa or just regular
- 2 cups vegetable stock and additional water to boil quinoa
- 1 large avocado
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2 servings of tempeh (I cook mine in vegetable stock before adding to salad)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- Can add agave to make it semi sweet but I did not
- Boil the quinoa for the time directed on package. Cube the tempeh and cook it in vegetable stock for a few minutes
- Slice up the avocado
- In a bowl, whisk in the olive oil with the other vinaigrette ingredients
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, stir, and EAT