You know what FriYAY means? I have a phenomenal soup recipe for you to try! My Sweet Pepper & Tomato Soup is delectable and super good for you. It’s made of mini sweet peppers, fresh tomatoes, red onions, vegetable stock, tomato sauce, and some spices. Yep, it’s just that easy and wholesome. In my opinion, the best part about Sweet Pepper & Tomato Soup is that it doesn’t need any added salt! That’s right, there is no added salt in my recipe and you’d never know the difference. My soup is the kind of meal that just warms your soul and makes you feel healthier after you eat it. You’ll truly love this creamy and nutritious recipe.
Ah, there’s nothing like a fabulous pot of soup that the whole fam will absolutely love!
Hopefully I’ve convinced you to make this simple yet mouthwatering culinary masterpiece. Tag me with your pics! Upbeetandkaleingit is on Instagram,Twitter, and Pinterest- username upbeetandkaleingit, of course 🙂
- 32 oz + 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cans 15 oz of tomato sauce
- About 14 mini sweet peppers
- 4 medium sized red tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Dash of oregano
- 4 tbsp olive oil for sautéing
- Chop the vegetables and then sauté the red onions in 4 tbsp of olive oil in a medium to large sized pot on medium heat for a couple of minutes. Then, add the peppers, tomatoes and spices and sauté the ingredients for 2-3 more minutes before adding the liquids.
- Let the soup cook on medium-low heat for an hour.
- Allow the soup to cool down before puréeing it in a blender.
- Serve and enjoy!