Happy Halloweeeeeen b00s! Has the time flown by or what? It feels like summer was so long ago but I guess time flies when you’re busy and having fun. I made apple pie freezer fudge cups not too long ago (by accident haha) and a lot of people asked me for the recipe, so I created an even simpler + tastier version. The Best Vegan Fudge Cups are very easy to make and most importantly, they are made with wholesome real ingredients. I looooove to read nutrition labels, it’s kind of a problem but hey, at least I know exactly what I’m eating. Have you ever read a premade candy or sweet treat’s nutrition label and said “YIKES, now that’s scary.” There are no hidden scaries in The Best Vegan Fudge Cups AND these yummy treats are low in sugar!
What are your Halloween plans? Are you dressing up? I wanted to be an avocado but I got lazy and didn’t feel like trying to find a costume. I guess that I’ll just eat them instead lolz.
- 7 oz bag unsweetened coconut chips ( I used Fresh Thyme Market brand)
- 1 tsp organic coconut oil (room temp)
- 1/2 cup Creamy Roasted Almond Butter (Once Again Unsweetened and Salt Free brand)
- 6 tbsp coconut flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 3 oz (1 bar) 85% cacao dark chocolate
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used Califia Farms brand)
- To make coconut butter, add bag of unsweetened coconut chips and coconut oil to a food processor and process until a "butter" consistency forms.
- Add the almond butter and coconut flour to the food processor and process until fudge batter is a smooth consistency--see picture for what texture should look like.
- Add the fudge batter to muffin tins ( I used parchment paper baking cups)
- For the dark chocolate & almond milk mixture, add almond milk and dark chocolate to a bowl and microwave for thirty seconds. Pull out and stir with a fork. Then, microwave again for another 30 seconds and stir.
- Add a small amount of the dark chocolate mixture to the center of muffin cups.
- Place in freezer, allow vegan cups to harden and enjoy!
- Store in freezer.
- Makes 10