Thursday is a good day for two reasons: 1. Friday is tomorrow and 2. I have the yummiest pasta salad recipe for you. YAY. Veggies and pasta may just be my all time favorite combo. The Healthiest Vegan Pasta Salad will satisfy your carb cravings and the roasted brussels sprouts, broccoli, and chickpeas add essential nutrients. A fabulous sauce is the key to a delicious dish and when it comes to pasta salads, a simple dressing with bold flavors is always best. However, this one doesn’t overpower the taste of the pasta and veggies. A little bit of stone ground mustard gives the vinaigrette life and trust me when I say it will become your new obsession!
Roasting the veggies is important in order to achieve somewhat of a crunchy texture! You’re going to love it 🙂
Take this crowd-pleasing pasta salad to a New Year’s Eve party, people will love it! Even though the pasta salad is nutrient dense and incredibly healthy, it doesn’t taste like it.
- 8 oz of organic corn + quinoa blend pasta (I used Ancient Harvest brand)
- 12 oz brussels sprouts (trim off the bottom and cut them in half)
- 3 heads of broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt/pepper to taste and garlic powder if wanted
- Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees
- Drizzle the 1/3 cup olive oil on the veggies and beans and toss them with the olive oil and seasonings
- Roast veggies and beans for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees (check to make sure broccoli is not burning)
- Whisk the ingredients for the vinaigrette together
- Drain the pasta and combine it with the veggies/beans
- Pour the vinaigrette over the pasta salad while it's still warm so the flavors are better absorbed
- Serve and enjoy!
- You can serve it warm, at room temp, or cold!
- As a side dish, serves 6-7 and serves 4 as a main dish.