Well hi there friends. It’s been quite some time since I’ve popped in to show you a new recipe. I’m done with finals now and I can’t wait to work more recipes for the blog and Insta. The holiday season is so wonderful and full of good food no matter where you go. This year, we’re having Christmas at our house and I’m finally going to stop being lazy and make a few vegan dishes for people to try. Right now, the items on the menu include a brussels sprouts, mushrooms and sourdough bread stuffing recipe, lentil balls and perhaps this decadent Two-Layer Chocolate Fudge Cup dessert. If you know me or follow the upbeetandkaleingit Instagram, you can tell that I am a huge fan of no bake, low sugar and healthy fat desserts. This recipe is super easy to make and it tastes SO rich! You will love these fudgy cups of goodness.
I waited a few hours for the cups to harden before I ate one. It took a lot of patience, let me tell ya. Enjoy foodie friends 🙂
- First Layer
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 cup almond butter (very runny and creamy- I used Simple Truth brand)
- 1/3 cup coconut butter melted- I used Maranatha brand
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Second Layer
- 3 oz bar 72 percent cocoa
- 1/3 cup coconut butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Blend the first layer ingredients in a food processor until a smooth consistency forms.
- Then, add the "batter" to parchment paper baking cups.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour or until the first layer has hardened enough.
- Next, melt the second layer ingredients- I used a microwave. Place ingredients in a microwavable mug and microwave for 30 seconds. Take out, stir and microwave another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth consistency.
- Add a second layer on top of the first.
- Place in freezer again for a few hours and then enjoy!
- Store in the freezer and the cups will have to soften a bit before you eat them!:)