Hey guys! Happy Monday! May your week be filled with my delicious Vegan Blueberry & Chocolate Chip Muffins. Trust me, these muffins will make your mornings a little bit better. After all, who doesn’t love healthy muffins that are packed with fresh blueberries and chocolate chips? You will love this recipe because it’s so easy! I combined oat flour and spelt flour to make these muffins, and the texture turned out to be fabulous. Also, I added one scoop of Sunwarrior Classic Protein Natural to add a little bit of protein. I’ve made so many different muffin recipes throughout my young life but I had never tried blueberries & chocolate chips together. Perhaps I thought that the two wouldn’t mesh together as well as my favorite fruit and chocolate duo: raspberries and chocolate. Perhaps I thought that blueberry muffins were already perfect enough alone without chocolate coming in to steal the show. Well, after a teeny bit of hesitation, I combined them together, and I haven’t looked back since.
I added more chocolate chips to the top right before I baked the muffins. Maybe I go a little overboard but I can’t help myself when it comes to chocolate.
Look at that middle. I’m speechless.
Enjoy my friends!
- 3/4 cups spelt flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk+2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior Classic Natural (If you do not include protein, only add 1 cup almond milk)
- 1/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 6 oz blueberries
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and then whisk in wet.
- Fold in the blueberries and chocolate chips.
- I used large muffin tins, so the baking time was 25 minutes. If you use small or medium, cut the baking time.
- Use an ice cream scoop to create uniform-sized muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes.