It’s hashtag meatlessmonday and I am so so so excited to present to you my Vegan Cherry Lime Cheesecake! It’s the kind of cheesecake that you dream about eating at restaurants after a big and beautiful dinner. Except guess what? It’s vegan, but ya wouldn’t even know or care. The main ingredient in these creamy and dreamy cheesecakes is cashews. I had a super hectic weekend between traveling and school, so I only got to soak the cashews for an hour but I totes recommend soaking them in water for at least two. Vegan Cherry Lime Cheesecake is truly a perfect summertime dessert since it’s raw and fruity. May I recommend making my utterly fabulous and light Vegan Caesar Salad for dinner, then finishing the night with the ultimate dessert (hint: Cherry Lime Cheesecake). Perhaps the crust is best part about cheesecake and let me tell ya, this crust does not disappoint! It’s super simple and made of only two ingredients-macadamia nuts and dates. Oh my cherry lime you must try this delectable dessert and let me know just how big of a crowd pleaser it is. After all, life is better with a piece of cheesecake. Enjoy my friends!
Stick these guys in the freezer for at least a couple of hours before serving them. Then, I like to let them sit out for a little bit after they come out of the freezer so they’re not super hard and easier to eat.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 2 cups cashews soaked in water and drained (I soaked cashews for 1 hr but recommend at least 2)
- 3 pitted dates
- 2 cups frozen cherries (thawed for about 30 minutes)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Pulse the ingredients for the crust in a food processor until fully combined. The nuts and dates should stick together.
- Form a layer of crust about 1/4 inch think in large sized muffin tins.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a food processor and pulse until fully combined. A smooth and creamy mixture should form.
- Pour the filling into the muffin tins and stick in the freeze for a couple of hours before serving.
- This recipe makes enough to fill 6 large muffin tins.