I scream you scream we all scream for cookies and cream.
Who doesn’t love this classic combo? And the good news is that these pancakes are sans dairy. Woop Woop.
If you are wondering how I was able to achieve the “cream,” I used tofutti! It is perfect for making frostings on occasion.
Ok ok, so the pancakes aren’t exactly filled with chocolate cookies, but you can definitely add them instead of the chocolate chips. I just love the chocolate chips in this recipe because the pancakes take on the flavor and texture of a big, fluffy and delicious chocolate chip cookie.
Sunday morning pancakes are kind of becoming a staple for me and I am loving new pancake combinations. Although I adore any type of pancake, this is definitely one of my favorites.
Ah, there is nothing like the sound of chocolate chips gracefully falling onto a soft bed of cream atop a fluffy bed of pancakes. Truly music to my ears. Yet more like music to my tastes buds.
I made these for my little brother who was home from college for break and he thoroughly enjoyed them. I always consider a recipe a winner if your family members truly enjoy your food because they are your biggest critics after all. They will be honest with you, of course.
This will also be on the menu to make for anyone who wants to indulge in some guilt free pancakes with me on a lazy Sunday morning. I don’t think anyone would turn down cookies and cream. Throw the word pancake in the mix and people will be flocking to your kitchen table.
- 1 cup of gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder-aluminum free
- 1/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 flax egg-1 tbsp flax meal and 2.5 tbsp water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla coconut milk
- Earth balance or coconut oil to coat pan
- Dairy free chocolate chips-found in healthy or organic foods section in grocery store
- 1/4 cup tofutti
- 1 tbsp agave
- 1 tbsp vanilla coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Coat the pan with earth balance or coconut oil. Pour the batter into the pan, top with chocolate chips and let the pancake cook for a couple of minutes on low until it's ready to flip. For the frosting, combine the ingredients with a fork until a smooth consistency forms.