I will never turn down a good salad, especially if it involves pan fried crispy tofu, but it better be GOOD. Lettuce face it, lettuce can be boring but it can also be wonderful when paired with nature’s goodies. This Vegan Detox Salad is one of my favorites and boy is it full nutritious veggies and fruit. I absolutely adore some crisp pieces of apple in my salads! Veggies are wonderful and all but the best part about this salad is my peanut dressing! It’s made with avocado oil, peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, ground ginger, nutritional yeast, and seat salt …. oh my. It’s truly out of this world. You know, the kind of dressing that’s so good you lick the spoon.
Vegan Detox Salad makes me feel amazing after I eat it because it’s so light, nutrient dense, and yummy. I made this salad for my parents and they both loved it! Next time, I’ll have to make some for my fiancé since he is the biggest salad lover I know.
Hi crispy tofu. Vegan Detox Salad is versatile, so if you don’t like one of the ingredients, there are lots of other veggies that work really well in this. May I also suggest adding avocado? What was I thinking?!
- Salad Ingredients
- Tofu (1/2 to 3/4 of the block) Drain the tofu for a little bit to get rid of some water. Then, cut block into medium thick slices for frying).
- 14 oz coleslaw mix (green cabbage and carrots)
- About 8 oz mixed greens or super greens (slightly less if you want more dressing on salad)
- 3 oz portobello mushroom (1 large one)
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 1 large gala apple
- 1/3- 1/2 cup radishes (sliced)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil for pan frying tofu.
- Dressing Ingredients
- 7 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup super creamy/ runny peanut butter
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Cut the veggies into small pieces and thinly slice the radishes.
- Pan fry the tofu in avocado oil on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on one side and then flip and fry on other side for 3 minutes.
- Let the tofu cool down and then cut it into small bite sized pieces.
- Place greens, veggies, tofu, and fruit into a large bowl.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together with a fork and then pour over salad.
- Toss to make sure everything is evenly coated.