Biscuits are a food group too, right? Well they should be! Oh my gosh my friends, I am soooo very excited for you to make these biscuit babies. My Vegan Lemon & Dill Chickpea Biscuits are are bursting with zesty lemony flavor and fresh fragrant dill. The best part about these little balls of heaven is that they’re made predominately from chickpeas. Talk about healthy! I also use white rice flour to add substance and wowza, those two ingredients make perfectly moist biscuits. Oh my dill weed, biscuits will never be the same. Lemons, chickpeas and dill, you were truly made for one another.
I mean, could they be any more photo ready?! Gooooorgeous.
This is what your “dough” should look like before you form it into biscuits!
I usually eat my Vegan Lemon & Dill Chickpea Biscuits by themselves as a little snack to nosh on, but they’re also a fabulous pairing with some brown rice or quinoa!
- 2 cans (15 oz each) of chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Pinch of black pepper if wanted
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine everything but the fresh dill in the food processor until a thick doughy consistency forms.
- Then, transfer the dough to a bowl and fold in the fresh dill.
- Lightly grease parchment paper (I used extra virgin olive oil)
- Form dough into small biscuits.
- Bake biscuits at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.