Donut worry, these donuts will NOT let you down. In fact, I donut know what I’d do without them. I think that I would feel hollow! Hahah get it !? Ok, I’ll stop trying to be punny. I kind of love food puns and if you visit my instagram, you know what I’m talking about.
Sooo…. DONUTS. Healthy donuts? What?
Have you ever had pumpkin chocolate chip bread? It’s so darn good. So I decided to make it into a donut. So now it’s even better. Did you think that could happen???
Now, what makes a pumpkin chocolate chip donut even better than it already is? I will have to go with dark, dreamy, and silky chocolate ganache. It’s a dream and turns out looking so silky with the addition of the earth balance.
When should you serve these awesome, round, fluffy and pumpkiny creatures? Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun because they take 20 minutes to bake in the oven and about 5 minutes of prep. Pretty good deal I’d say. Much better than regular donuts, which are usually fried, oh my! Not these bad boys, they’re baked to fluffy perfection.
Also, donuts are so fun because you can make so many different combinations and top it with whatever you want. Personally, I think that some cream cheese frosting made with Tofutti, agave and cinnamon would be equally as scrumptious. Either way they’re donuts and you can’t take that away from them. I hope that you love them and eat them as quickly as I did.
- 1 can Pumpkin puree
- 2 1/3 cup Gluten Free flour
- 4 tbsp soy free Earth Balance
- 3/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Flax egg (1 tbsp flax and 2.5 tbsp of water)
- 3/4 cup pure sugar cane
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup vegan semi sweet chocolate hips
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 1 tbsp soy free Earth Balance
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine and sift all of the dry ingredients
- Add the wet ingredients and then fold in chocolate chips
- Bake for 30 minutes
- Temper the ingredients in the microwave (warm up for 30 seconds at a time) until chocolate is melted